"To love would be an awfully big adventure."— J.M. Barrie

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eric's Commissioning Ceremony

This is a little late but better late then never :)...

Eric has officially been sworn in to the Army National Guard. We spent a lot of time deciding if this was the right decision for us. After much deliberation we felt this was a great opportunity. Eric has always wanted to join the Military. I was more hesitant but I do think this is the best thing for us and our future. I am sure when it comes time for him to be deployed I will rethink my decision, but I do know he will be doing important work and helping to save lives.
I am so proud of him!!!

Here are some pictures from his official Commissioning Ceremony...

Major Dial is explaining that Eric will be taking an oath to serve his Country.


And it begins...
He has to complete 2 sections


Part 2.


Eric is thinking..."(Exhale) I am so happy this is finally happening!"


So many wonderful people came to support Eric in this journey.






It's almost official, just a few signatures away...





Yes. Finally Eric is a 2nd LT.


And in the words of Major Dial, here is the "bag of swag"
Eric got this awesome backpack full of fun National Guard stuff.


Aren't Eric's friends so nice to support him in this big decision. Gabe (yellow shirt on the left) is working on joining the Guard VERY soon.
Good luck Gabe!

And here we are.



























1 comment:

Taisja & Brady Maxfield said...

Thanks for posting the pics, it was fun to see:)